Term 1 2018 - Week 5

Hi everyone,

This week the children have been busy thinking about what they want to be when they are older.  They used their thinking skills during investigation time and literacy time to spark a passion for what could be.

                   

"When I grow up, I want to be a nurse because they help people when they are hurt really badly. I want to help people so they can feel better. I will give them medicine to drink and I will give the doctor the things he needs." Three Facts about Nurses: 1. Nurses help people and give the doctors the medicine. 2. Nurses have special clothes they wear and special masks. 3. Nurses are kind and take care of people. By Nurse Anna


             

"When I grow up I want to be a ventriloquist because that was the first thing I saw on Britain’s Got Talent. I decided to make my dream." Three facts about Ventriloquists: 1. You always have a dummy that you can control. 2. You always have to start easy and then go hard. By Ventriloquist Mico



                   

"When I am older, I want to be an archaeologist. An archaeologist is also called an gemologist. They find gems and every person has a special rock called a birthstone. My birthstone is a ruby. Rubies are so delicate, they can only be cut in an oval shape." By Archaeologist Olivia
           
                   

"When I grow up I am going to be a builder like my dad. They build a house for you if you want a good house." Facts about a builder: 1. They wear a helmet 2. Builders wear vests 3. They measure how long the house is going to be By Builder Kewa


  


"When I grow up I want to be a police officer because then I can arrest people and help people and make sure people are safe. Then I can make sure everyone can be safe. It will be so cool." Facts about Police Officers: Police officers have a special dog. They have to help other people. They can arrest people and their dog can sniff out people. By Police Officer Phoebe


In Friday Arts this week, the children were exploring the elements of dance, making a shape with connections - over, under, through, round, star and letter shapes with their bodies. They communicated their ideas so that everyone's connection was part of the shape. Well done team!















The children made the most of the autumn weather by enjoying a little bit of buddy reading outside.  A good example of where I like to learn.










                  

                  
















Hope you enjoyed looking at our blog this week.
















Comments

  1. What a fun and busy week Room 12! I am excited to see what you will do as grow older. You are all already so clever and creative. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what exciting futures you all have. I love your writing and explanations of your future careers. Great reading and dancing as well. Looks like it has been a fun week of learning in Room 12.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog